If you need to mail your supporting documents
Edward Gaiser, Circulation Manager
1860 Main St.
Springfield, MA, 01101
Three (3) $1,000 scholarship awards will be awarded. All awards are payable directly to the accredited college, university or career-oriented educational program you will be attending. Scholarship winners will be announced Monday, May 20, 2019 at the N.E.A.C.E. Annual Spring Conference, at Ocean's Edge, Brewster, Massachusetts!
High School seniors or college students who will continue their education in an accredited college, university or career-oriented educational program (as a full-time student) within 12 months of the application deadline are eligible to apply.
The applicant must be a child of a full-time or part-time circulation or consumer marketing department employee of an N.E.A.C.E. member newspaper (minimum 1-year employment). The newspaper member dues must be current and paid to date for the current year.
Previous year winners are not eligible to apply in the year immediately following their award. Those who fall into this category must wait at least one year to become eligible for any subsequent award.
All applications will be judged on the following basis:
- Academics (official transcript required of at least 2 year marks with GPA)
- Extra Curricular Activities (list activities and years of participation).
- Accomplishment and Leadership (brief list and short statement about each).
- Three letters of school/community recommendations
- Personal Letter (full written statement from you as a letter telling us about yourself, not to exceed 500 words).
- Written essay not to exceed 800 words answering the question: In your opinion, Do you believe that social media challenges the 1st Amendment right to free speech? Why or why not?
- Attach picture to application
The NEACE Buyer's Guide
Keep your Buyers Guide on your desk.
Great resource tool for vendor needs
NEACE Scholarship Application
Deadline is April 12th, 2019
Three $1,000 awards are available and are payable directly to the accredited college, university or career-oriented educational program attended. Winners to be announced at the NEACE annual Spring Conference.
$50 OFF Conference Registration!
MEMBERSHIP REFERRAL PROGRAM
Any active NEACE member who refers a non-member to the NEACE organization that results in a new, paid membership will receive a $50.00 conference registration credit. The credit may be used for either the fall or spring conference and must be used within one year of the new member's paid membership.